Monday 18 October 2010

Selfridges Shoe Hall




This September, Selfridges launched a mega 35,000 square feet shoe hall, displaying 4,000 shoes from over 150 brands. As I flip-flopped my way through the maze of suede boots, leather pumps and shiny stilettos, my attention was actually drawn to this colourful cascade of paper trainers and heels, which is hung in between the escalators, right from the tip of the ceiling down to the yellow tables below.

The shoes are intertwined using wire, along with banners that read 'what's your shoe story?' I was unable to find out who created the work, but I did notice that it ties in with Selfridge's online competition. The latter invites you to share the story of your favorite pair of shoes to potentially win a year's supply of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment